Cinco de Mayo STL's Ninth Annual Cinco de Mayo festival on Cherokee Street will be held between Nebraska and Ohio Streets this Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 11:00 AM till 9:00 PM. The Cinco De Mayo Festival on Cherokee Street, organized by Cherokee Street Development League 501c3, is one of the largest festivals in the St. Louis area, bringing together over 40,000 attendees to celebrate the rich Hispanic culture and spirited, eclectic community within the Cherokee neighborhood and surrounding south St. Louis area.
Come join us in an expression of spring time celebration to honor the spirit of community on Cherokee St, our favorite Mexican neighborhood, the neighbors you know and don't know, and the resourceful creations of local artists.
The parade starts at Minnesota & Cherokee at 1:11pm and winds through Benton Park West ending at Texas & Cherokee.
People’s Joy Parade is a grassroots menagerie of crepe paper float makers, home made costume fashionistas, b-boys/girls, midnight minstrels, Gigante puppeteers, art cars, bike brigades, moving installation artists, Elvis impersonators, cardboard bricoleurs, rainbow dancers, knights of St. Louis, drag queens, beat making marching bands, Mexican wrestlers, robot makers, Virgin of Guadalupe’s, and lost members of the Missouri tribe that seeks recognize the importance of the people who make up a community.
- Starting at MINNESOTA & CHEROKEE at 1:11pm
- EAST on CHEROKEE to NEBRASKA
- NORTH on NEBRASKA to UTAH
- EAST on UTAH to OHIO
- SOUTH on OHIO to CHEROKEE
- EAST on CHEROKEE to TEXAS
Festival Activities from 11am-9pm
- MMWA Lucha Libre Wrestling @ 2pm and 4pm
- Interactive Public Art with Chalk Riot
- Live mural painting by Screwed Arts Collective
- Techno Bubble bus @ 2pm
- Art making with Color Bridge
- Cinco De Mayo STL Swag @ STL Style
- #hashtag photo printing with Photomaton #cincodemayostl2015
- Mechanical Bull @ Iowa & Cherokee
- FREE Bull Rides sponsored by Metro PCS
- Gladiator Sparing
- Cherokee Neighborhoods FREE Carnival Games & Dunking Booth
- Glass Blowing with Mr. Nice Guy
- FREE kids rides and bounce houses
- Live Broadcasting with Dario Digital
- Live Broadcasting with I Heart Media
- Live Broadcasting with Ke Buena
- Community Photo Booth
- Parade After Party & Face painting
- Origami Activities with All the Art
- Cinco de Mayo Sideshow @ Art Bar
- Video Projection Mapping by Radiant Studio Works on the Cinderella Building
Live Glass Blowing Demonstrations
Stop by Mr. Nice Guy's booth to see a professional glass-blower in action. Demonstrations will run from 11am to 9pm.
- Cost: $50 per person ($75 on 5/5/2015)
- Noon to 5pm at Empire Hall (located next to the US Bank Main Stage)
- VIP Access Includes:
- ALL YOU CAN EAT from two of Cherokee Street's newest Mexican restaurants Chaparritos Mexican Restaurant and Taco Truck STL PLUS pastries and baked goods from Lily's Panaderia
- ALL YOU CAN DRINK Bud Light products, Devil's Cut Bourbon Whiskey, Hornitos Tequila, Margaritas and Red Bull
- Hang with DJ Who and RFT Street Team inside Empire Hall, located next to the main stage
- Access to bathrooms, seating and VIP view of the Main Stage